Monday 1 August 2011

at last the trees......

above are my fruit trees - 3 pears, 2 apples, a fig & 2 plums.  All have been mulched ready for the warmer weather.  It's a bit hard to tell what type of trees they are without leaves, but once they do have leaves, I'll post another photo.

What a busy couple of weeks....I didn't realise it had been so long since I'd been on here....

You may have noticed I changed the top picture.....I found some software from when I bought my scanner.  It  allows you to put photos together, so ta-dah - my own craft collage.  One downside - all the photos work better if they are either all portrait or landscape. 

Not a lot to speak of craft wise - a bit more work on the hardanger piece in the previous post, I've started the Winters Tale (http://kalina-kalinovivishivanki.blogspot.com/ - then search for 'winters tale').  It's a lovely little hardanger bell, perfect for the Christmas tree, although mine is blue & white.  Also finished a 4 ply blanket using previously used yarn (more from the inherited stash), but loads of threads to end off (yarn had been used already & was in small balls).  Now I've got another blanket in the same yarn (but un-used this time) just to have something on the go for my lunch break.....

We've had glorious weather, but 31 sleeps to spring officially....I'm so looking forward to more light morning & night & being able to get out in the garden after work.

I hope all is well in your corner of the world.....:)

til next time......Karen

4 comments:

  1. Your trees are going to be great in a few years; all that fruit! I love the chairs sitting up under the trees at the back.
    you are alwasy so busy, i do not know how you can accomplish so much so quickly; i am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn - the chairs are on a neighbouring block - our trees are on the top corner bordering the 2 roads of our 5 acres. The shadow is our house (should've taken this earlier in the day or from a different angle). Thank you for the compliments - we've been here 2 years & are trying to get it to look as though it fits in the landscape...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had the space for all those trees. Haven't done much sewing lately either. Too much to do outside now that the stumping is finished

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have 5 acres to be able to plant some fruit trees.I guess there is plenty to do outside on the land. Soon you will be making lovely jams from the fruit.

    ReplyDelete