Sunday 7 November 2010

Back.......

It's almost 2 weeks since I last posted.  A sad time for the family with the passing of a close family member.  However, the house is returning to normal now everyone has gone home.

During the 2 weeks, I completed Shaun the Sheep (from the free pattern from PurpleLindaCrafts), as there were times when I needed to occupy myself with something, when we weren't reminiscing or baking for afternnon tea for after the service.  Mind you I don't cook, but if I'd had a video camera.....well.
Anyway, I like Shaun.  The Lion hasn't had much done, but as we return to just the 2 of us at home, I will continue on working on him.
During the 2 weeks, we had our local show too.  My quilt challenge did well, placing with a second and the Borinia & Fringed Violets placed first, but the Willow pattern was unplaced.  The candlewicked cushion placed second as well, along with a first for a fine crocheted doily & a cross stitch on linen.  I had 4 pieces unplaced, but I was over the moon and it did brighten up a sad few days.....
Thanks for stopping by......
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment