Monday 10 January 2011

2nd post for the year.....

How's this for a moth?  Thought we should add the ruler so we can prove how big this thing is. You almost need to pick up each of its legs to get it off the door....
10cm moth
 The quilt below is a WIP for a cousin.  It's currently 72 inches across, and  I'm adding a 3 inch border in the same fabric as the binding to finish it off.  Not my colours, but I could see it in blue.............
WIP quilt
 Finally, my Hydrangea.  I 'prune' this each year at the appropriate time (don't really have a clue, but I do it anyway) and this year it looks stunning.  Whatever I'm doing, I need to keep doing it.  The picture doesn't do the flowers any favours - they look so perfect.
No WIP on the family tree....I've spent some time on the quilt (666 individual pieces in that top), but the cross stitch is coming along slowly.  I did a big house clean on the weekend.....including a load of dusting & changing all the doilys, which then meant they needed washing & ironing - but a job I'm happy with as everything now looks fresh.....

Thanks for stopping by......

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment