Monday 30 May 2011

Would you believe it.........

In my last post I was preparing for the dentist.  That appointment was post poned because the dentist didn't get here until after my appointment, so I'm off to see him today.  (I know this because the flight has just gone over).

I was hoping to post pictures of my craft stand AND my wool - said wool has still not arrived & I get really anxious waiting for things in the post (I thought it should have been here last Friday).


So, at least I can show you the craft stand.....
I've attached the clip on magnifier (and the white thing is it's cover - just in case the sun gets on it).  Works very well & I've resumed working on the Family Tree cross stitch.  The stand was fun to put together - probably should have videod it - haha. 

Queen Anne's Lace

The little scarf above is Queen Annes Lace - I spotted this on A Spoonful of Sugar (http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2011/05/queen-annes-lace.html) and just had to get the instructions.  I've done another one since - just nice little neck warmers without looking like the Michelin Man (or should that be woman) with a big clunky scarf.   This Scarf was done in Bendigo wool Rustic 8ply with a 4mm hook - matches my recent cardigan.  I think when I do my next cardigan, I'll do one of these to match - be a nice touch - that is when my wool gets here.

Wish me luck for today at the dentist..........

Enjoy your week.....

~Karen~


3 comments:

  1. Oh I do wish you luck (I hate the dentist!!!). I hope both of our expected packages arrive today. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise when you get home.
    I do keep looking at those stands but wonder how easy it is to turn it over to finish your threads off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn - Root canal now finished, but the metal band still holding the tooth together (it has a crack). Part of the wool arrived today - rest isn't due until middle of July! I have to collect my parcels at the post office - we live too far from town for a postal delivery...Ending the threads off using the stand isn't too bad - I just lift the frame up to get underneath and occasionally have to re-tighten the frame - all good otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed about my missing pattern yesterday; she is sending another one out; first one must be floating around Aust Post somewhere! Glad you got some of what you are waiting for; but July for the rest; such a long wait.

    ReplyDelete