Thursday 31 March 2011

What made my week.......

No pictures today, but I've had a great week, albeit it tiring.  My job has been sooooo busy, but during the week a book order arrived that I'd been waiting on.  Ordered a few weeks back & 3 great books arrived (and all at good prices too) on the Battle of Fromelles, Stories from the survivors of the Thai-Burma Railway & Constructing Australia.  Can't wait to look at the Fromelles book - so much detail.

Then a towel rail arrived on the same day - not a big deal, but it was just like Christmas, with lots of new things.

And yesterday a thank you card arrived from one of the quilt owners, with a very nice thought to treat myself.  All I wanted was to just get her quilt put together & see her enjoy it.  So nice and unexpected.  So I bought 3 new Cottage Garden Threads yesterday in the blue tones as a starting point.

And about 10 days ago we had over 100mm rain in less than 24 hours - and when you don't have mains water, rain like that is a bonus.  Must take some photos of how everything is now so green (and not just one shade of green either) - looks a bit like a DMC palette of green.

3 weeks to Easter too - I'm looking forward to some family visiting & spending some time with them.

I hope your week has been filled with nice surprises or at the very least nothing has gone horribly wrong.

Thanks for reading - ~Karen~

2 comments:

  1. Dont you just love getting things in the mail; I do!
    How nice that one of the quilt owners sent you a thank you card. It is nice to know that what you have done is appreciated.
    Enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some wonderful happy mail. Enjoy your cottage garden threads. I love the ones I have and have been playing with them today. Those books sound wonderful too so topical with Anzac Day just round the corner.

    ReplyDelete